The English Graduate Student Association (EGSA) at Case Western Reserve University was established in 2011 as a student-run organization supporting and advocating for students in the English graduate program. Our mission includes the following:
- To provide sustained support for current and prospective graduate students in the Department of English at CWRU in all aspects of graduate life, including but not limited to coursework, MA comprehensive exams, PhD qualifying exams, dissertation writing, professional development, and teaching pedagogy.
- To foster intellectual development through sponsorship of academic events and discussion.
- To promote fellowship among the graduate cadre through social events and moral support.
- To engage and support the community and local service organizations through the organization of community outreach opportunities.
- To encourage prospective students through coordinating campus visits and compiling informative materials about the program.