APPLICATION COVER SHEET
For 2023, scholarships will be awarded up to a maximum of $1,000, based on the nature of the research project and the quality of the application.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be an undergraduate at CWRU (including those graduating in Spring 2023). Preference will be given to English majors.
- Submit all of the application components (below) prior to the deadline.
Applications must be submitted to email@example.com by May 19, 2023. To apply, you must submit this cover sheet along with ALL of the following:
CWRU NETWORK ID
A SHORT ESSAY (5 paragraphs) that describes the research travel opportunity and explains why it is important to you. Each of the five paragraphs should address, respectively:
- The basic details of the travel, including:
The title of the event or location;
The name and city of the travel destination;
Your start and end dates for the travel.
- The tasks and responsibilities involved in the research, and the skills that you expect to learn from the experience
- How your major, coursework, and/or extracurricular activities at CWRU have prepared you for this experience
How the research supports your post-graduation and career goals
- A summary of your financial need, including:
The amount requested from the Travel Support Fund (up to a maximum request amount of $1,000.00 USD)
- Other income and resources you will use as support during the internship
YOUR BUDGET (see a sample budget below)
YOUR RESUME (learn how to write a resume here)
FUNDING FOR 2022-2023 TRAVEL SUPPORT FUND
Use the information below as a guide to create your budget and statement of financial need. The funding is designed to offset some of the expenses related to the research project. Allowable expenses include travel, conference registration fees, memberships, entry fees, transportation, accommodations and food. The budget should provide an honest, thorough and well-considered account of researched projected expenses.
Funds you or your family can contribute to the related expenses, and other funds you may receive.
- Personal savings/family contribution $200.00
- Baker-Nord support $100.00
TOTAL PROJECTED INCOME $300.00
Expenses you have researched and expect to incur while conducting your research project, such as travel, accommodations, meals, conference fees, etc.
- Projected and researched return flight, Cleveland to Chicago (American Airlines) $490.00
- Hotel $300.00 ($100 per day x 3 days)
- Food $90.00 ($30 per day)
- Transit Pass $20.00 ($10 per day)
- Conference, Registration, Entry fees $100.00
TOTAL PROJECTED EXPENSES $1,000.00
AMOUNT OF NEED