Maximum Award: $2,000 (Scholarships will be awarded in increments of $500).
Funded through generous donations from English Department alumnus Tim O’Brien, scholarships are available to undergraduate English Majors who are participating in an unpaid internship at CWRU or elsewhere between May 15, 2022, and August 31, 2022.
Eligibility: Stipends are available to students who have declared a Major in English at Case Western Reserve University. Awards do not impact students’ financial aid.
Reporting: Stipends will be paid in one payment to be determined based on the dates of the internship. All awardees will be required to produce a final report (2 pages in length) at the completion of their internship.
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis now through May 20, 2022.
- Complete the 2022 Application Cover Sheet (found here)
- Prepare your application materials. As described on the Cover Sheet of the Application, the following materials are required of all applicants:
- Cover Sheet
- A Short Essay (*See the Cover Sheet for details)
- Your Budget
- Your Resume
- A Copy of the Offer Letter from Your Employer
- Send all materials in one pdf attachment to Professor Christopher Flint, at email@example.com